Thursday, April 2, 2009

JPA interview

I forgot to tell you guys in my previous post that I have JPA scholarship interview today. I woke up for Subuh and got back to sleep and woke up at 9.00am since my JPA interview starts at 2.00pm.

At 12.00pm, me and my dad head off to Putrajaya. We ate lunch at Nando's under the mosque and prayed at the mosque lepas makan. After solat, we head off to PICC, where the interview will be held. It was already 1.45 at that time. So, I had to change into my formal clothes in the car. Imagine having to strip and put on formal clothes. Susah jugak la. But I managed to do so. Once we reached PICC, it's exactly 2.00pm. I got off the car and straight away tucked in my shirt besides the car. Nobody was there, so i think nobody saw me tucking in my shirt. Kalau ada yang nampak malu je. LOL. After that, I walked into PICC and registered my name. I was the 2nd group to be interviewed. I was so relieved cuz I don't have to wait for so long to be interviewed.

After 40 minutes of waiting, the reception lady told me that they had to push my name into the 3rd group cuz there's this one dude who needed to go to Singapore ASAP. He was in the 4th group but he was placed in the 2nd group for that reason. WTF!!? Why did my name got pushed to the 3rd group. BODOH GILER..! Kene tunggu lagi lama. Siot je. While waiting, I met a few friends from SASER. I met Fadhil and Lee Man Ken. I also met Faiek, a girl whom I knew via Myspace for 2 years. Didn't expect to meet each other for the first time by coincident there.

After hours of waiting, finally it's my turn. Nervous la jugak masa nak masuk bilik interview tu. It was a group interview. A group consists of 5 candidates and there were 3 interviewers in the room. I was the first in the group to be interviewed. The first question was 'Tell me about yourself'. We're allowed to use either English or BM in this question. I chose to speak in English since I'm more comfortable being interviewed in English. It's not like I'm a full-time English speaking type of guy but I felt comfortable to speak in English in a formal occasion. Most of the time I'll speak in BM. I speak BM at home and with friends (except for some friends who are English spoken). My English sometimes teruk jugak. Besides, I'm applying for oversea scholarship program. So, it's better to impress the interviewers with good English so that they're convinced with your capability to live in an English spoken community aite?

The second question was 'What's your opinion on the importance of Facebook, Friendster etc. towards teenagers?'. We must use English in this one. I gave a few solid points and they were convinced by my answer. i even put in the example of my meeting with Faiek earlier on. It's a prove that we could make more friends via personal web page. The interviewers were laughing when I told them the incident.

The final question was a discussion among candidates. We had to discuss on the topic 'Pembaziran sember alam semakin menjadi-jadi. Apakah langkah yang Malaysia boleh lakukan untuk menangani masalah ini?'. In this discussion, we must speak in BM. It's a bit tough for me cuz I'm not really use to speaking BM so formally. But I did OK. My experience living in Japan for 2 months when I was in form 3 and form 4 helped me to give out good points too. But sedih jugak la cuz I'm the only one who could speak English fluently in my group. The rest macam tersekat-sekat masa guna English. Kesian dorang. During the self introduction part where we are allowed to use either BM or English, I was the only one to introduce myself in English. It's not that I'm bragging aite here that I'm good. It's just that I felt sorry for them. Hope that they all suceed.

After everything was over, we got out of the room. I really hope that I'll get this scholarship. I think I did well but we'll never know if there are many others who did better than I do. Nampak ramai gak muka cam pandai-pandai.

After we got out of PICC, my dad asked me to drive the Accord home cuz he was lazy to drive. 1st time drive from Putrajaya back home. Best giler drive laju-laju. Masa kat highway I was driving at 130km/h. WEEEE~~

Please pray for my success in the scholarship application people.

That's all for now. Later...
-Danial Kaoru-

3 comments:

  1. :D dannnn all the best for youu! :D eh dah dapat P? bestnyee ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. macam sng jer interview ko...hehehe,,,(kan???)

    cuak ah nak interview...adoi..camne ni??

    ReplyDelete
  3. apply course apa?medic?accounting?..btw,im ur ex senior who's one year older than u...

    ReplyDelete