Saturday, April 11, 2009

UTP - part 1

Today I woke up damn early. At 3.45am. I straight away took my bath and drank juice. Wasn't in the mood for breakfast that time. at 4.15, I took off to Ayie's house. A few minutes later, Syahir arrived. We put our bags in in Ayie's V8 Toyota SUV and off we went to UTP for Petronas Scholarship Educamp and Interview. Ayie's bro named Acap drove the SUV. His mom tagged along too. At first I planned to sleep in the car. But I can't seems to do so. We chatted in the car and joke around along the way. Since it was still early in the morning, there are very few cars in the highway. So, what do you do when you're driving a V8 engine SUV wnd there's nothing ahead of you? Of course you're gonna press the acceleration paddle like mad. Acap was driving at an average speed of 150km/h. VROOOOOOM...! At one time he was driving at 170km/h. But the car can't seems to go any faster cuz it's a Japanese car. So the maximum speed is only 180km/h.

We stopped at R&R Tapah at 6.00am for Subuh prayer and breakfast. Then, we continue our journey and reached UTP at 7.15am. We registered ourselves and I met my friend, Nabil there. Haven't met him for almost 2 years. I sure miss him a lot. Then we were taken to APBN (Akademi Pembangunan Belia Negara). We're gonna sleep there for tonight. Me, Nabil, Syahir and Ayie asked the registration dude if it is possible for us to be in one room and he said yes. So all 4 of us get to sleep in one room. Best giler. Takyah risau pasal barang kene curi and confirm enjoy malam nanti sbb boleh chit-chat sampai mlm. So, we entered our room and guess what? Cantik giler the room. Macam resort. Not as beautiful as the hotels but at least it's much better than my expectation.

Then, we went back to UTP by bus and we listened to the opening ceremony. I met Kamal (Fanah's friend) in the bus. We also met Liana and Alia there. They were my friends from my former school as well. Bestnye jumpa ramai kawan. Back to the story, the lady who gave the speach at the opening ceremony said that 415 candy (candidates) are chosen for the Oversea Scholarship Educamp and only 175 candy will be selected. It's gonna be really competitive and I really wish that I'll be chosen as one of the 175. After that we had our lunch and was taken for a tour around the campus. The library was cool. It's damn huge and the design of the building is cool too. The tour guide said that the building won the award for world's best designed building in 2007. Then, we went for the ice-breaking session and did some activities.

That night, we had a science and maths test. I was like, WTF? Why didn't they notify me earlier? I could have at least study something. It consist of 30 questions. 10 add maths question, 10 physics and 10 chemistry. The Chemistry part was OK but the rest was a bummer. Siot je. But basically everyone said it was hard. We haven't touched a book for months and you expected us to do well? No way, dude.

Then, we went back to our room. I belanja Ayie, Nabil and Syahir supper that night. We ate Nasi Goreng Telur Mata. After supper, we went back to our room and lepak there with Kamal and Nik. We were chit-chatting and laughing like mad the whole night. Kamal was damn funny. He's really an interesting guy. We also watched some funny vids in Syahir's iPhone. Ayie was so preoccupied with a game in his iPhone titled Guitar Rock The World. It's something like Guitar Heroes. Too bad they don't provide WiFi there. We slept at 2.00am. That all for day one.

-To be continued-

That's all for now. Later...
-Danial Kaoru-

No comments:

Post a Comment