Friday, May 22, 2009

Moment of Truth: Disappointment

Yes, Yes, Yes...

You read the title correct. It's 'disappointment'. Not 'victory'.

Well, here's how the 'disappointment' story is like. This afternoon, a lady from Shell called me up. The conversation goes on like so...

Puvanesh: Hello, may I speak to Muhamad Danial?
Me: Yes, Danial (yang handsome) speaking.
Puvanesh: Hi, Danial. This is Puvanesh from Shell. I just wanna know, have you received any other scholarships?
Me: Yea, I received scholarships from JPA and Petronas.
Puvanesh: Congratulation. Are you planning on taking any of those?
Me: Well, I haven't made my decision yet cuz I'm still waiting for Shell. Shell is my first option.
Puvanesh: Owh, okay. But err...
We can only give you the local scholarship. Not looking good for the oversea program.
Me: (BABI AR..! Aku bagus okay. Asal tak layak plak?) Umm, is there anyway I could get the oversea scholarship?
Puvanesh: Owh, not looking so good. But, do you want the local one?
Me: Well, I'll have to think of it over again with my parents. So, I'll give it a yes for now.
Puvanesh: Okay then, I'll call you back in 2 weeks.
Me: OK. (Sial la..!)
Puvanesh: Ok, have a nice day. Bye.
Me: Good day to you too. Bye.

-_________________-

See. How disappointing was that? The scholarship I want most; and I failed to get it. I have no idea where I went wrong. Well, maybe cuz the competition is very tough. It only offers 100 scholarships for oversea program in Malaysia. And a total of 1000 scholarships worldwide. Maybe I'm not good enough to be the top 100 in Malaysia. Damn it..! I did everything I could. I think I did this interview much better than the Petronas and JPA interviews.

Well, it's ok then. I'll just take Petronas instead.
Life must go on, aite people?

That's all for now. Later...
-Danial Kaoru-

3 comments:

  1. yea, i knw u must be disappointed.
    but u also should be grateful

    like, how many other ppl are fighting for the JPA and petronas scholarships?
    and yet, u got both

    wht about the ppl who tried to get jpa, n it ws offered to u, tp u x ambik pun, then, shouldnt it hv been offered to smeone else instead?

    so like, thr must be a reason behind all this.
    takkan semua kite nk dpt?
    just be grateful. thts all : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. amek jela. ngada ah ko nk bwt rayuan. ada org apply pon tk dpt scholar. local pon tk dpt.
    amek je petronas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha
    i know you're disappointed,
    so probably thats one of the reason you put danial in bracket HANDSOME there. haha

    cheers mate, yup yup, life must go on.

    everything happens for a reason aite? :)

    ReplyDelete