Thursday, March 12, 2009

Moment of Truth - Victory..!

I woke up early this morning. After Subuh I tried to go back to sleep but I can't shut my eyes without thinking of my result that would be revealed a few more hours from now. My heart was pumping really fast. And it's getting even harder to breath. I went down, watched TV then took my bath and sat down at the sofa. I felt really wierd at that moment. Sometimes I felt like going to the toilet but when I was in the toilet I don't feel like doing business in there anymore. I felt hungry but had no appitite to eat. My heartbeat kept getting faster and faster every minute.

At 11.00am, I head off to school. The closer i got to school, the faster my heartbeat was. Once I'm in the hall, I was a bit relieved to met my friends there. The nervousness got a lil' lighter. Then, Pn. Khaireen announced that they will announce the result in 10 minutes. At that time, only God knows how nervous I was. Every smile i put on my face was just to cover my fear. I could see fear and anxiety in every faces around me. Even the parents are nervous. My mom looked really tense. Must be because she's nervous as well. Then my dad came all the way from his office. So now, both my parents are there. I don't want to dissapoint them right in front of their eyes. Ya, Allah please help me.

Finally, the teachers came in with the results. At that very moment, I felt like I was living in the world with no air. The headmaster announced that 19 students got straight A's and out of the 19, there were 4 who achieved straight A1's. Honestly, when I heard the figure 19, I hold a lil' hope that I am one of the 19. Then, they announced the straight A1's students. First name "ARVENIA ANIS BINTI BOYKE BERAHMANA". Second name "ILI SYAHIRAH BINTI ZAINAL ABIDIN".
Third name "MOHAMMAD SYAHIR BIN MUSTAFFA". Forth name "AHMAD AZHARI BIN ROSLI". Those are the straight A1's. Then comes the name "SYARIFAH FAEQAH SYED HELMI AL-HUSAINI". And the list goes on until it is almost half way down. At that moment I was so afraid that I'm not gonna be in the list. After a few more names, the teacher called "NURUL AMIRAH BINTI ALIAS". At that very moment, I had a feeling that I'm gonna be next. Next name... "MUHAMAD DANIAL BIN KAMARUL BAHARIM". At that moment. I was relieved. My first phrase was "Yes, Alhamdulillah". I stood up from my chair, ball up a fist in my left hand as a sign of satisfaction and walked my way to the front side of the hall. On the way, I passed by Miera. I whispered to her ear "Congrats" and walked my way towards Pn. Maizan and recieved my slip. I waved to my parents and walked back to my sit.

I was relieved. Alhamdulillah. Ya Allah, thank you for giving me this. I got 11A's. 9A1's and 2A2's. The A2's were Tassawwur Islam and E.S.T. Honestly, I was a bit dissapointed cuz I didn't expect to get A2 for Tasawwur and E.S.T. I was awarded as best student for E.S.T. in form 4 but I got an A2 for it in SPM. Dang it. It's not that I'm not satisfied. It's just that I'm 3% dissapointed and 97% satisfied. Well, maybe it's the nature of human to always want more after achieving something. And maybe it's because my dad kept on saying that he believes that I can get 11A1 since the start of 2008.

Basically all my friends did great. Me, Syahir, Shahrul and Arvie got straight A's. Ehsan got 9A 1B and Hafiy got 8A 2B. Pn. Rugayah, our former class teacher said that this batch is the Star Batch. The best batch in SMKS9 in SPM acievement.

Well, Although I got straight A's, I felt humbled. Proud but humbled. Cuz I know that there's a few more friends of mine in that school that's better than me. Arvie got 11A1, Ayie got 12A1, Syahir got 10A1 and Ili got 10A1 as well. Soh Guat Eng got 10A1 and 2A2. And there's a few more who got 9A1 like I do. So I don't deserve to brag at all.

Then, I went for lunch with my mom. After that I planned to celebrate with my BJ friends but none of them are in the mood. So, I was dissapointed cuz I was the only one who has the mood to celebrate. But luckily Hafiy called and asked me to follow them jalan-jalan. Hafiy, Syahir and Ehsan picked me up and we picked Shahrul up at Seksyen 9. Then we head off to Anggerik Mall for lunch (again). Then, we went to Pejabat Mara to ask about any scholarships or loans. Then we went to Ehsan's house and played basketball there. Then we went to Al-Rafi for a drink. LOL, when we were at Al-Rafi, all of us were sweating like mad. Imagine sweating in your kemeja and slacks with grass on your pants then minum kat kedai mamak buat muka tak tau malu. Then, we went back home. It was a tiring but also a fun day. This is one of the best days in my life. I'll remember it forever. Or if I forgot I'll read this blog.

Tonight I was kinda busy with this scholarship thingy. Kinda sleepy but I don't wanna sleep yet.

So, today I got 11A's in SPM. A very satisfying record. A straight scorer. 5A's UPSR, 8A's PMR and 11A's SPM. But whatever it is, I always remember the advice my parents gave me. "You can be a success today but that success is history aite now. Cuz a new chapter is about to begin". I'll always remember this word. I might get 11A's today, but who knows what's gonna happen at collage or university. Once I entered university, my SPM is history. Nobody will care bout it anymore. Cuz they will now look at your CGPA in university. And getting straight A's in SPM can never guarentee good grades in university. It's our desire, faith and detirmination that will make us successful. I hate it when people has the perception that If he/she is smart from the beginning, he/she's gonna be smart all the way. I've seen those who are very smart in the beginning but ended up not so good in the end. For me, only those who really want success will get it. Those who can say something like "I want straight A's and I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get it and nobody can fuckin stop me". As for me, my motto in life is "To do the Impossible, all you need is FAITH". You gotta faith in yourself. Have faith in God. From faith comes desire, and from desire comes detirmination and from determination comes success.

I would also like to thank my friends out there who helped me so much in my studies. Especially the 5SC1 2008 students. I love you guys so much and I'll miss you guys so damn much. Thank you for being my classmates and my dear friends. Thank God for giving me such a wonderful person to be friends with. You guys gave me support in many ways. Helped me in my studies, giving moral support, making stupid jokes that always cheers me up or just giving me a sincere smile on your face which makes me felt so calm. How much I wish I could see you guys face to face and say it from my own mouth. You guys might not be my closest friends but you guys sure had gave a big impact in my heart. I am so glad that I went to Nyne. I felt like I was at home when I was there. Honestly, I felt like crying when I wrote this. And actually a tear just came out. And to all of you who gave me spot questions and SPM tips. Thank you. And also to those of you guys who kept on saying "You pandai, cnfrm boleh straight A's". God has heard your prayers for me cuz every word we said counts as a prayer aite? Thank you so damn much. DAMN IT..! WHY THE HELL ARE TEARS COMING OUT FROM MY EYES?

I'll post some pictures in my next post. All pictures are with my friends. Gotta collect from them first.

To all readers, the reason I'm posting this blog is not to brag but to share my feelings and taughts with all of you out there. So, don't get me wrong.

That's all for now. Later...
-Danial Kaoru-

4 comments:

  1. congrats my friend
    i'm very happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should have not told me your results were "teruk"..
    if yours teruk, than what would mine and others [like me] be considered as?
    what's worser than teruk?
    i just hv to wonder...
    nyway, i'm happy fr u and congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats sayang!

    'Pn. Rugayah, our former class teacher said that this batch is the Star Batch'

    woahhh! bangga seyh!
    :)

    ReplyDelete